Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Times Are Changing

This blog was started as an outreach to overworked parents who want their child to became well educated.  Schools in California are over crowded.  Students with weak English skills, students with special educational needs, and students with disciplinary needs are all put into one classroom.  There might be two teachers in a room with over 35 students.  The classrooms are crowded, loud, undiciplined, and  can overwhelm a students.   Even if your child wants to learn, the educational 'system' has made it more difficult.  In other words, if your child is respectful and quiet in the classroom they are easily ignored and overlooked by most teachers today.

When you notice that your child is struggling to learn but you don't know what to do.  This blog is for you.

I run a small tutoring business in my home.  I also can go to the public library for sessions or to the student's home.  Each week I will review several papers, magazines, and professional articles to share with parents.  If both parents are working, it is hard to find the time to research new ways for your child to learn.  I will offer helpful hints.  You can ask questions through my blog and I will try to find answers.

I believe all children can learn.  Sometimes the environment at school can make it too difficult for  a child to succeed.  There are other options available.  When it is time to leave the public school situation for private school?  When is it time to hire a tutor?  What are somethings I can do for my child?  What are specific questions I need to ask my student's teacher?

I also believe that not every child should be taking classes to advance them for college.  Many children are not aware of their passion yet.  Learning should continue until you reach something you love.  Then the job of education is to provide you the tools so you can follow your passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment